Monday, April 21, 2008

Red Light Green Light



Red means STOP, green means GO, yellow means GO like Hell!
Not any more. I decided today to change that way of thinking, at least personally. While I was out driving for work I noticed how many drivers try to beat the red light even though they know it had been yellow for some time. Twice, while at a stop light that just turned green, cars continued through on the red. It may have been yellow when they were a block away, but that doesn't count. I have done it, you have done it. But I'm not going to do it anymore. Stop, take that extra 20 seconds. Take time to look around, relax, you really will get to where you are going almost as fast. It's just not important enough to take the chance.

Next time you're out and about, take notice of the action at intersections, and take your time.