Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ice, Ice Baby...


Gotta love Nebraska in the winter...or so they keep trying to tell me. We are in the midst of an ice storm tonight. Possibly 1/4-1/2 inch of ice followed by 3-6 inches of new snow. That's on top of the 2 inches or so we got Tuesday. As you can see the windows are all iced over on the outside.


The roads are like an ice skating rink...I want a zamboni for Christmas!



Luckily it didn't begin to ice until about 5pm and most commuters arrived home before the roads got too bad.
So we are all in our flannel pants and warm and cozy inside, except Andrew, he and his buddies have no fear and are out celebrating their last day of finals.

Today was our 1st toy giveaway at work. When I arrived at work at 8:15 am ( a full 15 minutes early I might add) there were about 50 people waiting already. Even though we had specified the start time as 9:00am...So we started early and didn't stop until 5pm. We gave toys out for over 1000 children today. We have about that many tomorrow as well. So I am going to go put my feet up and call it a night. Maybe I will even say a little prayer that if it has to snow, let it be enough to keep us home in the morning for a couple of extra hours of pajama time!