Friday, February 26, 2010

Time Warner Cable...what???



For the second time this week, during prime time tv, our cable company has decided to "update" by turning off programming and going through each of the 800+ channels. Counting down, doing who knows what...and keeping anyone from actually watching tv.We don't even get all those channels. Who knows what goes on in the upper reaches...400-800+ I don't know and really don't care. So why do we have to suffer through the Update?
I have no idea what they are updating, nothing seems different when it's over. We have never been notified about the updates. It just seems to me that for people who are PAYING for tv, they should be able to watch tv! Maybe it's just me, but I think that just makes sense. So why don't they "update" at 2 or 3 in the morning? Why in the middle of prime time tv viewing?

I miss the old days with the antenna on the roof and free tv.