Wednesday, May 12, 2010

DIY Project

We have been looking for replacement lighting for the front of our house for a couple of years. I have never found anything I really liked that was affordable. So after looking again last weekend at one of the local home improvement stores I decided that I really liked the shape of the ones we had and decided to try to spruce them up. So with a can of spray paint I was on my way. I've seen enough home improvement shows to know the first thing to do was turn off the breaker for the area I was working in. Then I took the old lights down, taped up the glass and painted. They came out pretty well. The spray paint cost less than $6.00 and that was the only expense. We had the tape already from a previous project. I'm really happy with the lights, they look like new. the amazing thing is that when I reconnected them...they actually worked!