Saturday, June 26, 2010

Wedding fog...





Hey y'all...I've been a long time gone. Just now coming out of my wedding fog. YES! there is such a thing. During the last few weeks, maybe months even, my world has become smaller than usual. My world was focused on dresses, food, decorations, housecleaning, flowers,etc., etc., etc. I stopped watching the news, stopped reading the paper...it just didn't matter for a while. My world revolved around my daughter's wedding. She has been married for 1 week now. I am just becoming a citizen of the world again. I highly recommend to any and all parents of the bride to do what I did...take a week off AFTER the wedding. I had very little to drink ( alcoholic beverages) at the wedding, and yet I felt as if I had an hangover for days after the wedding. It was just Thursday that I finally began to think clearly again. So many emotions, so many people to talk to, so many relatives to hug and catch up with. So surreal!. So unlike my normal life. This is such a life changing experience. I knew it would be for the bride and groom. but now I have experienced it from the mother of the bride perspective. It has changed my life. first and foremost, my only daughter is now married and will forever be gone from my life as my baby girl.
She is now the wife of a fine young man and an independent women. That in itself is enough to make a grown woman cry. Then there are the hundreds of family and friends we entertained over the week of the wedding. So many loved ones, some young, some old. Some we may not see again.
All loved us enough to spend time and money to come from all over the U.S. to celebrate this blessed event with us. How lucky we are. How blessed we are. Both families were supportive and loving. Everyone was here to show their love for the bride and groom.

I know, as the MOB (mother of the bride), I am not objective...but it was the most beautiful wedding in the history of weddings. Bede wore his dress mess. Joanna was radiant...more than radiant. Andy was the epitome of the loving groom. I was walked down the aisle by my 2 sons, Bede Jr. and Andrew. How more proud could I be? Thank you my dear Lord. You have filled my heart with so much love it can do nothing but overflow. It overflows in tears of joy. I am the luckiest woman in the world. This is what life is all about. Grandparents, parents and children...even grandchildren. All together, celebrating life and the continuous love that we share.