Saturday, October 18, 2008

It's here....

I love my new bike.

It has arrived. We picked it up this morning, assembled it after the Husker game and went for a wonderful long ride. It's totally tricked out. It has a basket that easliy comes off if I go shopping and can take it into the market with me. It has lights, front and back,they flash, strobe, or shine solid and best of all, a bell. It's very Pee Wee's Big Adventure. Pee Wee loves his bike too.




I know I had previously stated that the bike has one speed, actually it has 3....fast, going downhill, nice and easy on the flat lands, and sloooowwww uphill. All these speeds are operator dependent. The only time I notice that Nebraska is not really flat are:
1. when it snows and the streets are slippery, and
2: when I'm on a bike. Then, incredibly, it seems as if Nebraska is nothing but small hills.
Bede and I rode together, both admitting we are out of shape and need to ride often. We rode for an hour or so and made plans to ride again tomorrow. It's great biking weather, sunny, 60's, crisp clean air, trees every shade of
autumn.
I'll take some pics tomorrow.