Monday, October 13, 2008

New Bike

I bought a new bike. Actually I ordered it. It has yet to arrive. I'm very excited about it. It has 1 speed...me, and however fast I can pedal. It has no hand brakes, just pedal backwards and stop. Did I say New bike? Sounds to me just like the bikes we grew up with. They call them "Cruisers" now. We just called them bikes. Who knew? I've had bikes, I have one now. Lots of speeds, lots of gears...I never am in the right one. The hand brakes squeek and one works better than the other. I always feel as I am hunched over the handlebars. Soon I will be "cruising" down the street in my old, new bike.





For some reason, the vision of the wicked witch from the wizard of Oz keeps flashing in my mind, along with the tune as she rides her bike along the road...different bike, different witch...this one likes dogs...