Monday, February 9, 2009

Helping the economy one whine at a time...


I am doing my part right now to stimulate the U.S. economy. As I sat down to listen to the president address the press tonight, I told Bede that I felt the need for another glass of wine. (I had already had one tonight.) I just need the extra buffer of mellowness in order to watch and listen to his plea to all of us to spend billions of dollars, which some of us work hard for I might add, on "saving" the economy. Bede commented as he handed me my wine, that at least wine sales will increase if this is any indication. So I am participating in my own economic stimulus...drink wine, lots of wine. Vintners will thank you, migrant workers will have jobs,truck drivers will make deliveries to liquor stores who will stay open, etc... Jeanne's own trickle down theory. I will have to practice some sort of economic constraint as well or the trickle down theory will become the " pick Jeanne up off the floor theory". For now I will just call it "Whine Time".
Join Me?