Friday, February 13, 2009

Still Winter...


Woke up this morning, no snow. All schools were cancelled due to the forecast of heavy snow beginning about 9am. My work policy is usually when the schools are closed we close as well. I had 2 appointments scheduled for this afternoon. I knew I needed to cancel them, but didn't have the phone numbers with me at home. I threw on my jeans and a sweatshirt and drove to the office. I assumed I would get in and out before the snow even began. I got to work at about 7:30am and got what I needed. I still had not received a call from my boss to confirm that we were closed today. I called him and to my surprise...we were not going to close. So there I was an hour early for work and dressed like a slob!
The snow began about 8:15 and has not stopped. We did close the Agency at noon and everyone headed home. I just got word that UNL will shut down at 3pm. The university only closes in extreme conditions. So Bede will be on his way home soon.
It is beautiful...as long as I'm inside looking out and don't have to drive in it. Here's what it looks like so far...