Friday, September 18, 2009

TGIF

Early this morning, 3am to be exact, Bede woke up with acute pain in his left knee. I assumed it was gout. He has had it before, but he said this felt different. So for the next several hours he tossed and turned, got up, sat in the chair, sighed, moaned and groaned. He indeed was in real pain. We waited until the Dr's office was open and then called for an appointment. I went to work, just to collect my files to be able work from home as Bede was in no condition to drive or for that matter go up or down the stairs. I left before Andrew had to get up for school. I arrived back home from work just in time to see Andrew arrive home from class and inform me he thinks he dislocated his right elbow in a game of football last night. So I drive Bede to the Dr. at 1:40,then Andrew at 2:30. Bede does not have gout. He has acute tendinitis. Andrew's elbow shows signs of ligament damage. But should be fine in a few days. Although he has an appointment with an ortho guy next week just in case. Bede is sleeping soundly this afternoon. Andrew was given a shot in the buttock that has made him the best son ever. I have received many hugs and "I love you"s this afternoon. I think mothers should have access to these things at home! I did get a lot of work done in between all the Dr visits. Thank goodness for the World Wide Web!

I have come to the conclusion that Bede and Andrew are soooooo alike!!! They both have 2 speeds...on and off. When they are on, they are on full blast. No moderation, no for thought, no consideration for consequences. Bede has mellowed over the years, but I see him in Andrew every day. Andrew IS Bede at 22. My consolation is that Andrew will also be Bede at 30,45,50...

Anyway, 2 injured men and me. What a great way to spend a Friday!