Thursday, October 15, 2009

PEOPLE !!!


This is what happens on a slow news day and we have a bazillion 24 hour news agencies all competing with each other...Balloon Boy!!!

What a load of crap!

I missed most of it due to a little thing called work. When I checked the internet news about 3pm I found this story everywhere.
On my drive home I heard that the boy was found home safe and sound, hiding in a box in the attic.

Then I heard that the parents were amature storm chasers and they had been on the reality show, WifeSwap. Enough said. Case closed. No need for any further evidence.

Crazy, crazy, crazy and pimping their family for publicity.
When are we going to learn? The 24 hour news monster needs to feed on something. People fall for it, get emotionally involved and invest their time in the black hole that is the media. PEOPLE!!! The news channels need ratings, they need you to watch, they turn stupid local stories into international events.
While people were glued to the vision of the balloon sailing over Colorado, while AF jets flew at the ready, while news helicopters filmed every moment, in case the 6 year old fell from his hiding place(BECAUSE YOU MUST KNOW THEY REALLY WANTED A TRAGEDY AS IT MAKES MUCH BETTER NEWS), while the media focused on the story they wanted to suck in the viewers, soldiers died in Afganistan, people were killed in auto accidents, Rush Limbaugh was thrown to the dogs in a fit of political bias and total lack of freedom of speech. PEOPLE!!! The USA is going to hell in a hand basket and we spend the afternoon watching a mylar balloon and fall victim to a hoax perpetrated by publicity whores who should be parents. Have you heard one word of contrition from the media? Have any of them taken responsibility for reporting a non story, have any of them shown remorse for not checking facts? NO! will they? NO!

Why was this even a national event? I may have been concerned if it was flying over my neighborhood, maybe...
I have to admit, I thought it was a load of crap from the beginning. I'm a mom, I've changed a lot of diapers, I know what I'm talking about!!!!!