Thursday, October 29, 2009

Tornado!!!!

I'm sitting in the bathtub in the guest lodge in Shreveport LA. Not taking a long leisurely bath...no, no, no.
I'm taking cover as a tornado has been sighted in the area. Bede and Joanna are on the way to the airport to pick up BJ's luggage. He is stuck in Dallas due to this horrible weather. I just spoke to Joj, they made it. She said they drove very slowly nd went thru water that I'm sure was too high and dangerous.
This room has a smoke detector like thing that began beeping and warning of a tornado in the area and to seek cover immediatly. It sounded very official and looking at the radar on the tv and computer...I believe the voice from beyond. Unfortunately there are no basements here. I am on the ground floor and in an interior room. I've got my computer and my purse and cell phone. I've got the bedspread from the bed as well as a couple of pillows. That's all I can do for now. I will sit and wait for the all clear.
The thunder and lightening are non stop. What a trip. What a day!
I'm going to check the weather page. Love you all. I'll let you know how this all turns out.