Saturday, August 28, 2010

Dream Big


I have a few big dreams. Just a few... One is becoming the owner of a red convertible. Oh yes! One day it shall be mine. I had a convertible MGB when I was a senior in High School. It was a fun car. A piece of junk, more often broke down than not. But I loved her.
I got to drive a little red convertible recently. It was an item to be auctioned for a fund raiser. It needed to be moved from one garage to another about 1/2 mile away. It took me 45 minutes to get it there. I kept missing the left turn, had to go several blocks in order to turn around safely. Then somehow I kept missing the driveway. As I drove. I honked and waved at almost everyone. This was a magical car. I felt 20 and thin!
I almost cried when I finally had to reach my destination.
I have wanted a red convertible for many years, and this experience made me realize that some day I will own one. Oh Yes! One day it shall be mine!
So I have started a fund. My little red convertible fund. A little here, a little there..barring any further appliance breakdowns or major home repairs this dream will become a reality.
I also have begun the CPS (car protective services). I notice occasionally someone driving a convertible on the streets of Lincoln. Beautiful day...top up!!! Are you crazy???
I'm going to tell them they are in violation of the CPS code for convertible enjoyment. What's the matter? Too windy? Messing up your hair? Can't hear the radio? Then, my friend, you should not be the owner of said convertible. " Step out of the car. I need to take possession." "This vehicle needs to be driven by someone who appreciates the fact that it is a convertible. Beautiful day = Top down."
Even on a not so perfect day...top down! Unless it's raining or below 30 degrees...top down!

I have a dream...