Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hot,hot,hot

Just saw a story on our local nightly news about hot cows. Not hot like...beautiful bovine babes, but hot because it's 100 freaking degrees outside. It's been sizzling for days. People are melting,we are warned daily of the dangers of being outdoors too long. So yeah, I guess cows are hot too. Did you know that a cow's temperature is normally around 100 degrees? Me neither! Evidently because of our current heat wave, the cows have a temp of 103. Good to know. I guess I should be more compassionate, but it's too hot! Heat, especially prolonged heat, makes people crabby. Drivers cut you off, checkout ladies are sullen and when they wish you a good day, you know they really don't mean it. I'm crabby, I don't care if the cows are hot, we're all hot. Next thing you know, we'll be seeing cows swimming at the local pool, having a blizzard at the Dairy Queen, demanding air conditioned barns.

Actually cows at the Dairy Queen would be funny...I would laugh, but I'm too hot.