Monday, July 23, 2012

Desk organization...still working on it!

My new desk is in the living room. By choice. We have several rooms that could be used as a dedicated office, but I don't like being away from the "action". Not that there is much of that happening here at the old homestead, but I do like being on the main level and love looking out the windows while I work. That being said, I do want the work area to look neat and attractive while still being functional. I want family photos on the desk, but just don't have the space for several frames. Solution: Ball jars. These were left over from wedding decorations and I'm using them as pen, office supply holders. By cutting a few photos to the proper size and inserting them into the jars, I now have photos and organization in one.
And...because that just wasn't enough, I tucked a few photos into the shade of my lamp. This was a super thrift store find. Now I am surrounded by the people I love while I work.