Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Here I go again, my my, how can I resist you?




I've seen Mamma Mia, the movie twice. I love it. I want to see it again. I want to own it when it is released to dvd. I love a movie that makes me happy. This one made me happy, made me want to burst into song. I was never an ABBA fan really,(although I have had "Take a chance on me" as my ring tone for over a year), but in the context of the movie, the music is great.
I have downloaded the soundtrack to my ipod and when I have my headphones on and the music turned up, I feel like I am in a musical. It sounds like the world is hearing the music as well.
Sometimes when I am in the grocery store, I listen to the piped in music and think how fun(funny)it would be to just break out in song as I wheel the cart down aisle after aisle. But I'm sure it would end badly, probably with me committed for 72 hours of observation...involuntarily.

Some day I just may belt out a tune just because I feel like it. That's one of the best thing about getting older. I don't care as much about what other people think of me. So in the future if you see a little old lady dancing and singing in the produce section, grab a cart, follow me and sing along.
Until then...I'm going to see Mamma Mia again!