Saturday, April 11, 2009

Another Saturday night...

Bede and I are sitting at the Mill in the Haymarket. A coffee shop, an old school coffee shop. Lots of different people here tonight, eclectic. Young people with their computers, groups playing board games, an older couple just drinking coffee ( no not us...older!) I brought my laptop and Bede is sitting across from me writing post cards to Bede Jr. Stuff we might be doing at home, but it seems more fun when we are out and about, mixing with the peeps in Lincoln...

My only complaint is the Mill has no beverages for people like me. coffee, tea, an assortment of weird fruit drinks. NO DIET COKE!!!
What are they thinking? Bede went to the Bodega next door and bought me a diet Pepsi, close...and will do in an emergency, but just not the same as a a diet coke.
Diet coke people know what I'm talking about. Bede is a diet Pepsi fan, Lincoln is a diet Pepsi town, UNL is a diet Pepsi university. It's not always easy to find a diet coke around here. But, hey, it's Lent, I'll sacrifice and drink the diet Pepsi tonight. Hopefully the folks who run this place won't mind that we smuggled in another drink instead of one of theirs. Bede has a coffee tonight, that should make them happy. Next time I will have to remember to hide a coke in my purse before we come. The life and times of high espionage in Lincoln NE!