Friday, January 20, 2012

Life's little blessings...

It was 24 degrees here today...for our high! On my way to work it was 3! But I am not feeling sorry for myself, not one little bit. Nope! It's sunny and dry here, albeit frigid. My daughter, who has occasionally teased me about her warmer weather in the
great Northwest, has been dumped on by "snowmageddon".  Where as her normal annual snowfall is less than 4 inches, they had several inches, close to a foot this week. She lost power at her house last night. Thankfully it came back on in the middle of the night. She is about 4 weeks from delivering our 1st grandchild, a baby girl. Last week they had a plumbing issue in the (old) new house they bought and she was unable to shower for a couple of days. She's a trooper, is thankful she works from home and that no one sees her unshampooed, and slightly disheveled. So anyway, my life is pretty darn good. Very little snow, all the electricity I need, and I'm NOT having a baby!
I have to admit, I was worried all day about her, picturing her cold, alone (husband at work) and without phone, as they are like so many folks now who have no land line. No power, no way to charge those phones. So when I got the news that power had come back on in the middle of the night and all was returning to "normal", I was relieved.
I also realized today that now, not only do I still worry about my adult children, but I have a grand baby to worry about as well! This parenthood thing is perpetual, never ending...
Thank God for the opportunity. Thanks for the kids, and now the grand kids. I will glady worry and fret over them, as I also get to love and enjoy them. Nothing is easy or free! The trade off is PRICELESS!








View from her office window.