Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Money , Mitt & Double standards

When did it become EVIL to be rich? It seems to me that for generations, one of the beloved aspects of our great country was that anyone has the oppurtunity to become successful. So when did that change? Why is Mitt Romney a bad guy because he's rich and successful? I can understand if you don't agree with his politics, but why do you hate him because he's rich. He just released his tax records for the past 2 years. The man has made a boatload of money, no doubt! He has also paid all the taxes he was legally obligated to pay! Do you pay more to the IRS than you have to? Does anyone? If they do, in my humble opinion,they are indeed crazy! Is Warren Buffett evil? Is Michael Moore evil? How about Brad and Angelina, Nancy Pelosi, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama... What about, dare I say it...Oprah? Is she evil? They are all very wealthy people. I would bet my grandmother that they do not pay anymore taxes than they have to legally. So why is Mitt Romney the new poster boy for the evil rich? Oh....wait...is it because he's a Republican? Because he's a conservative? I get it now! It's not the rich that are evil, just rich Republicans! It used to be said that the only certainties were death and taxes. Now it''s death, taxes and political double standards!