Monday, October 15, 2012

kitchen cabinet redo, day 10

Just finished the 3rd coat of paint on the inside woodwork. The doors in the garage have 2 coats on the back and 1 on the front. Tomorrow I will try to do 2 more coats on the front side and then...DONE!!!!! The inside looks great. I'm very happy with the look. The only problem is that the new paint makes the walls look awful! I knew that would happen. We plan on painting the walls as well. The kitchen is open to the family room and there is oak wood trim and cabinets in there as well. So that is the next project. I might take a couple of weeks off painting duty before I tackle those. When all the oak is painted then we will paint the walls. Right now we are thinking of a warm grey. We'll see...
Been painting all day...you can see my celebratory glass of wine awaits...