Sunday, October 7, 2012

Kitchen cabinet redo day 2

Yesterday we successfully removed the upper cabinets over the breakfast bar. I washed all the cabinets with TSP, then rinsed them all. Today I sanded them lightly and wiped them down with a tack cloth. I am really getting to know my cabinets! I use the word "all" lightly as I have only done these steps with the wood work inside. All the doors are still in the garage untouched. My plan was to clean, rinse and sand them this morning after church...but it was freezing in the garage today! I decided to work inside instead. Tomorrow's weather is supposed to be warmer, so I'll work on the doors then. I applied the 1st coat of primer today in the kitchen. I can sort of get an idea of what my kitchen will look like with painted cabinets and I love it! So far so good...
No more upper cabinet! Yeah!
All sanded and ready for primer...
1st coat of primer.